Saturday, January 10, 2009

Milestones

Tonight, as I was watching Wynn stand coloring at her easel in p.j's, I thought about how big she's getting. Her feet seem to grow every day, and she is so sturdy, strong, and confident. So different than when she first entered our lives back in China. 

Tomorrow Wynn turns three. This year she understands what a birthday is and has been excitedly talking about getting cupcakes to bring for her class at school. When I told her that a birthday means you get presents too, she asked, "From Santa?" (That's what having a birthday close to Christmas'll do.) 

When I asked her how old she was at dinner tonight, she held up two fingers and said, "Two." 

"How old will you be when you wake up tomorrow?"

"Three!" she said and held up the correct number of fingers.

I realized, after doing a bit of math in my head, that Wynn's third birthday signals another milestone for us as a family: We have just reached the point where more of Wynn's life has been with us than was without us. :-)

1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

"We have just reached the point where more of Wynn's life has been with us than was without us. :-)"
Yup, you made me cry. And no, not just because I'm pregnant. Congrats, you sweet little family!