Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chicago: Day One, Part Two

After Lunch and an Hour in the Pool ...
Ready for Dinner ...
Pizano's Pizza on State Street ...
Yep, That's Chicago ...

We sat down with the map this evening and figured out that we walked about four and a half miles today. Add to that the time in the pool this afternoon, and it's no big surprise that we're kinda tired.

A friend back home recommended Pizano's for dinner; it was voted the #1 thin-crust pizza in Chicago, so we headed there for dinner. It's tiny with wood paneling, decor straight out of the 60's, and pictures of sports stars and celebrities plastered all over the walls. In short, it's exactly what you imagine a Chicago pizza place will be. We walked in, looked around, took a sniff, and siged, "Yessss."

The staff was wonderful and brought us some crayons for Wynn to color the paper tablecloth with while we waited for our food. (The wait also gave me some time to explain who Mike Ditka, whose picture hung next to our table, was for Wynn.)

The pizza has a "butter crust", which is yummy - more akin to pie crust than what you normally associate with pizza. We could literally smell the butter in the crust when they set it on our table. Mmmm. Scott and I dug right in. After I'd polished off my first two slices, I noticed Wynn was just pushing hers around on the plate. I asked her why, and she said, "This is yucky pizza." I told her that Baba and I disagreed. And then I ate every bit of hers off her plate. Figured I'd earned it after all that walking.

No comments: